Meghann is a partner at Redstone Law Firm and a member of the firm's litigation practice group. Meghann represents clients on a wide range of commercial litigation matters, handling employment, construction, trusts and estates, and other business disputes.
Primary Practice Groups:
- Labor and Employment Law
- Construction Law
- Trust Litigation
Meghann's professional background:
- University of South Dakota (J.D. with high honors, 2009)
- University of South Dakota (B.A. with high honors, Political Science, 2006)
Following law 四川福彩app下载, and before entering private practice, Meghann worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Glen A. Severson of the Supreme Court of South Dakota. As a law clerk, she reviewed hundreds of briefs, heard dozens of oral arguments, and assisted the Court in preparing for oral arguments and researching and writing decisions.
Meghann has worked in private practice in Sioux Falls for more than eight years. In those eight years, she has handled a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including labor and employment law disputes, construction and design litigation, trusts and estates litigation, insurance bad faith litigation, and professional liability. Her work touches many prominent industries in South Dakota, including construction, manufacturing, transportation, and agriculture. Meghann has appeared in both federal and state courts in South Dakota and has handled numerous appeals to both the South Dakota Supreme Court and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Practice Rules Revision Committee, CLE Committee (Current Co-Chair)
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Bar Association (Former President)
- Second Circuit Women in Law (Former President)
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers' Association (Former Editor of the Barrister)
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers' Association (Current President)
- South Dakota Trucking Association
Most interesting place she's visited in South Dakota: Meghann's favorite place in South Dakota is the bluffs of the Missouri River near Chamberlain. Traveling west on I-90, the view of the Missouri River with the western bluffs rising up in front of her takes her breath away every time.
Little known fact about Meghann: Meghann worked in the kitchen at Wall Drug for three summers. She said it was a great experience working alongside students from all over the world. She asks, "Have you dug Wall Drug?"
Places where Meghann is serving to Make It Better: Meghann is a member of the Sioux Falls School District's Boundary Task Force, helping shape and guide discussion on the School District's first major redistricting process in twenty-five years ahead of the opening of a new middle 四川福彩app下载 and high 四川福彩app下载 in fall 2021.
- Movies: Walk the Line and Tombstone
- Books: Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe, and Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Songs: Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond and Let It Be by The Beatles
While not at the office working with the Redstone Team, Meghann enjoys: Spending time with her husband, who is also an attorney, her children, Henry and Abby, and her dog, Pippa. Meghann also enjoys running (preferably with her dog), yoga, traveling, cooking, and baking pies.